Monday, March 30, 2009

33 is a good number

No, not my age (unfortunately)
No, not the number of ufo's lying around (I think the total is way more than 33)
No, not the number of days until Symposium (that number would be 10)

33 is the number of unread blog posts I have at the moment. This is a very good thing because for months it has been hovering around the two thousand mark. No, I haven't posted a comment to every one of the formerly unread posts, but I have read them (well, okay, skimmed them)

Speaking of Symposium I decided it was high time to get some fabric sorted for my 2 classes. This first lot is for Layered Landscapes with Gloria Loughman:
The second is for Darned Quilts with Dena Crain:
I don't think it is a very good idea to select fabrics for 2 quilts on the same day. My colour palettes are very similar. It will be interesting to see how they turn out. I'm not even sure I've go the fabric selection right for Dena's class. She says to have a "gradation from value to colour and from dark to light". Oh well, maybe this piece of fabric will do:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I confess sometimes I sit down to clear my blog post list read for say one and half hours and check and - darn! It is still showing in the hundreds. I just press the 'mark all as read' button, feel guilty and get on with life!

Ali Honey said...

I'm jealous about your classes.

Some other ladies from our Tauranga group are going....so I will hear all about it.
( but you will take photos to show us.) ?

Tanya said...

Wow you have some gorgeous fabrics! Love that landscapes set especially!