Friday, January 21, 2011

I haven't been totally Idle . . .

I haven't really been totally idle over the 6 months since I last blogged. Really!

I had a lovely quilting time at my friend, Lorraine's place last weekend. I sewed a few crumb blocks together into this top and spent the rest of the time making more!

I love to sew crumb blocks when my brain won't cope with anything more demanding. I don't worry about matching or exact 1/4" seams or which way seams get pressed. I just sew. I find it really soothing and it usually warms me up to go onto something more demanding. This top, when it has had an accent border and a final border on it, is destined to become a community quilt. Pretty busy quilt top, eh?

2 comments:

Donna-Maree said...

I absolutely love this - yes it may be a little busy, but busy is good. The black and white stripe is a lovely way to contain the busyness.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is beautiful. How big is each block?