Monday, August 22, 2011

Well, this is a nice surprise :-)

Earlier in the year, spurred on by my friend Jo, I made this little quilt to enter The 9 by 12 Transformation Challenge on Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project blog. I was thrilled today to find I am one of the finalists of the competition and my little quilt (more pictures of the construction here) will be winging its way all the way to NC in USA.
 
I noticed that there are at least 2 other finalists from New Zealand (unfortunately, not all the links on The Transformation page are working) Congratulations to Rona Keith (from Auckland, I think) and Erilyn from the Manawatu and to all the other finalists, where ever you are.

Update: Congratulations also go to Catherine Parkinson from Auckland. Wow, Catherine has an awesome blog.


5 comments:

Rona said...

Congratulations to you too. Isn't New Zealand well represented!

Leah said...

I've found and fixed the missing links this morning. Thanks for letting me know about it Helen!

Let's go quilt,

Leah Day

tizart said...

Congratulations! Fabulous Quilt! Well Done!!!

Liz

Unknown said...

Beautiful Quilt! I love your colors! They are so full of life. Great job!

Erilyn said...

Helen - this quilt just shines - neat colours and quilting! (I answered your comment, and I agree!)