Monday, August 20, 2007

All the way from America!

Frances and I went to visit Janice last Saturday for a scrummy lunch and look what she brought back from her travels for me:
Frances got a nifty folding quick-un-pick (seam ripper). Thanks, Janice! (Janice was very clever about her gift-giving. We weren't expecting a gift but she was showing us the treasures she got and was watching us closely to see how we reacted to each one before she offered them to us!) I haven't tried out the finger grips yet. I imagine I wouldn't constantly have to keep removing my gloves to do things. Does anyone else use them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have; they're pretty cool. They are very easily lost ... especially if you have a preschooler who likes to wander off with your "fingers fings". I don't find them any less fiddly than gloves, but on the upside sometimes you only need to put a couple on (thumb & middle finger, for instance).

CONNIE W said...

I've seen them in quilt shops but never tried them.

jill said...

I use them a lot. My only complaint is sometimes I need to have my hands flat on the work and the fingertips don't help much then. Other than that, they are great, comfortable and do not bother my hands.

meggie said...

Nice gifts! I have not tried them, but had read about cutting the finger from rubber gloves, to use as tips.

Shelina said...

These are nice gifts. I don't use gloves - generally just grab the fabric and maneuver it, but they certainly do look like they would come in handy!