Thursday, January 25, 2007

Janice's Hoffman winning entry

This is a photo of Janice's winning entry for "Best Overall"quilt in the 2006 New Zealand Hoffman Challenge. The quality of the photo is not the best and Janice says she doesn't have any good photos of the finished quilt (What was Terry photographing at the time Janice?). I think she has some better closeup views. In 2005 Janice won the "Best Contemporary" section in the Hoffman Challenge, so the win this year (along with the Human Rights Challenge joint win) is really putting the icing on the cake! This is a really beautiful quilt and I am really proud of my quilting collaborator.

2 comments:

Teodo said...

these two quilts are very special and original I'm happy for you and your friend. ciao ciao

Webfrau said...

Just gorgeous. I wish I'd been able to see it in the flesh. Congratulations Janice.