Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Crummiest Photo of a Quilting Miracle


I know this is the crummiest photo ever but it shows a quilting miracle! I had a couple of friends around yesterday for a sewing day (great way to spend boxing day - very relaxed after the hurly burly leading up to Christmas). Frances was quilting a piece she is making into a bag for her cutting mat and she managed to quilt right over the (non-opening) end of the safety pin, into the circle and back out it, without breaking the needle on her machine. If you look carefully on the butterfly fabric you can just see where the quilting line goes. If it was me I would have broken the needle and probably damaged the bobbin case as well. You should see what I did to a darning foot earlier this year. I wanted her to leave it on as an embellishment, but she wasn't having any of it. The pin has been removed (sob, sob). Now if only I could take better photos . . .

No comments: