Thursday, December 14, 2006

I'm on holiday!

Yipee, work finished today so officially I have no excuse for not quilting. Except I am going shopping tomorrow, visiting friends on Saturday, and going to stay with my sister and then my mother from Sunday. But, hey, I'll get back to it. There's tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday night. I should be able to finish at least 3 projects, right?


I thought I would post a picture of how I got our Symposium entry to hang straight. It is an irregularly shaped quilt and was very sad with just the hanging sleeve.

So this is how I made it hang straight. A series of little mini sleeves across the back of the quilt and some 'half round' wooden trim, with the flat side towards the quilt. I tried dowel but I could see where the sticks were from the front of the quilt. Don't ask me why the supports slope down to the right. I don't know!!

Now it hangs like this:


Much better! For those of you who want to know more about this quilt you can find the full story over on http:/after-the-party.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a great idea. How did you attach the mini sleeves?

Shelina said...

That's what I get for reading posts backwards! This is such a great quilt, and such an appropriate cause. Putting minisleeves was such a great idea to make it hang correctly. Thanks for the tip. You cannot tell from the picture where the sleeves are, so you must have lined up and matched the fabric really well on the back.